Please complete and read carefully the booklet given to you by your Doctor. The Client Coordinators will contact you to verify all details are correct. You will be informed if you require a pre-operative assessment at the Academy Day Hospital prior to your procedure.
Day of Admission
- Please come at the time allocated. Please note that our doors do not open prior to 8.00am. Please bring with you your Consent form if you have not already posted it to us prior to admission.
- Do not wear makeup, contact lenses or jewellery (wedding band may be worn).
- Do not bring valuables or a large amount of cash.
- A Client Coordinator will greet you on arrival at reception. You will then be escorted by a Theatre Nurse to the admission area.
If you have had sedation, you will be taken to our recovery suite and monitored for at least one hour. A responsible adult will be required to escort you home.
Post operative / procedure instructions will be given to you upon discharge. The instructions will include contact numbers should you have any concerns.
Information to come here
Academy Day Hospital is committed to ensuring that your personal information is maintained in accordance with State and National legislation.
The guidelines are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the State Privacy Legislation.
The information collected by Academy Day Hospital may be used in (but not limited to) the following circumstances:
- Shared amongst members of your health care team to ensure you receive high quality clinical care
- Information to monitor quality of care and patient satisfaction
- Legal obligation to disclose various data sets of information to Health Department, Registrar General’s Office, Cancer Registry and Hospital Casemix Protocol
- Administrative business operation such as accreditation, quality assurance and liaising with Insurers, Lawyers or advisers during normal business management
- Disclosure of information to your private health funds and/or Medicare
- Any requests for information that are not within the guidelines of the Privacy Act and Legislation will require signed written consent from you.
Your personal information is stored on an electronic patient management system licensed to Academy Day Hospital. The system is monitored to ensure only authorised personnel employed by Academy Day Hospital have access.
If you wish to access your records, under the Privacy Act 1988, a request form can be obtained from the administrative staff. Your request for access will be processed within 30 days and a representative of Academy Day Hospital will arrange a visit to the hospital for you to view your records.
Following your procedure at Academy Day Hospital you receive a questionnaire and self addressed envelope for your complete and return to Academy Day Hospital. Your feedback is valuable to us and is used for ongoing quality care.
Should you have any concerns regarding your stay at Academy Day Hospital, please contact our Practice Manager.
Rights & Responsibilities
- To be well informed of any procedure/treatment and to be able to discuss this with your Doctor.
- To be given the highest quality of care in a safe environment.
- To be well informed of financial costs for your procedure.
- Confidentiality with medical records.
- Post-operative instructions (verbal & written) on discharge from the hospital.
- You are responsible for providing information about your medical history including past illnesses, hospital stays and medication.
- You are responsible for following medical advice pre and post operatively.